- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 slices bacon
- 3 eggs
- 1 pound fresh spinach - rinsed, dried and torn into bite size pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- In a blender or food processor, combine sugar, vinegar, oil, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and onion, and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- In a large bowl, toss together the spinach, water chestnuts, bacon and eggs. Serve with the dressing.